View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 09:32 PM   #95
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

The drone of another Saturday morning in the shop was broken up by a text from my buddy John today. He and I were able to get the '56 Chevy of his sold this week for us both to profit a little on. He's bought a bad ass built little TJ Wrangler to go play with off road and he's itching to hit the trail with us. So anyway, his text just had a pic in it and then followed with another explaining it. '

He said he had this stuffed away in the attic of his shed and found it when he was cleaning it out. It's a 12 1/2" Tuffy deluxe stereo console and it's about 6" too wide to fit in his TJ. Come get it, it will fit in yours.

Huh? The box is dusty, but looks barely used if at all. I ask if he's sure and tells me to not worry about it and come get it. SCORE! It's great to have friends like I've got.

So I shot out of work and went to Larry's for a Beer and parts delivery run. I needed to restock the fridge of frosty products from Golden, CO. Plus I dug out the Radiator I swiped from the now sold GMC front clip that was to be used on the 75. Got to see Larry's progress on the floor. Got some small stuff to weld up but nothing major. We'll douse it with Por15 before the raptor liner goes on. Didn't really accomplish anything except he and I got the plan mapped out on what steps to hit next.

Hit list is:

Finish blasting the floor.
Seal it off with Por15.
Pull it out from the back.
Remove front clip.
Powerwash the snot out of it.
Push inside shop.
Paint firewall and inside of fenders.
Paint frame.
Install ORD steering box brace.
Drop engine in. Check fitment of manifolds.

Probably won't get all that done this week, but a good chunk should get knocked out. Need to get over to discount tire and order the wheels and tires.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote