View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 11:31 PM   #1
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Question Need sources for parts

Finally got my rearend back from the shop today after dropping it off back in May with the words that still haunt me: "No hurry -- whenever you get around to it." Had most of the work done last fall when divorce proceedings interfered with my free time and I packed it up for the winter. It's the stock 12-bolt out of my '72 but about the only thing that remains original are the housing, backing plates, ring & pinion, and axles. Everything else is brand new or rebuilt, including an Eaton posi and entirely new brakes. I had the gentleman at the shop put the finishing touches on it with getting it shimmed properly, etc. so that I could get on with the project again after letting it sit for nearly nine months.

Anyway, now that I'm getting ready to start putting things back together I find myself in need of the bump stops that go on the rear axle. (This is a leaf-spring rear.) Don't see them listed or pictured in the latest LMC catalog or elsewhere online, just listings for coil spring rears and I don't know if they're the same or not. Any help?

I'm also looking for the most economical stainless full brake line kit. Suggestions? Obviously I can do the research myself but if someone has already done it I'd love to benefit from your experience. :-)

Thanks a ton,
Brent

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)

Last edited by brossow; 07-21-2008 at 01:01 AM.
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote