Thread: chevy c30 lift?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 10:11 PM   #5
skchevota

Re: chevy c30 lift?

big block springs, I think fab tec makes a lift spindle, or you can drop the front crossmember down from the frame. I have done this and it works very well. You use some 2"x3"x1/4' tubing as a spacer between the bottom of the frame and the top of the front x member, you will need longer bolts to hold it in place, then on the sides of the x member by the upper control arms, you can re drill the upper two holes. you will need to add a spacer to the bottom of the engine mount perches as well. For the steering, if you flip the centerlink around backward, it will make the tie rod angle livable. I did this on my truck befor I did the 4x4 swap.I had it this way for about 5 years. I ran that and a 3" block in the rear. I also had a body lift so my truck would clear 36" swampers. It drove great. The only thing I noticed was if I was at full lock turn in a parking lot, the inner tire to the turn would scrub more than stock, due to the differant angle on the steering. But it was no real big deal, I have driven factory built 4x4 IFS lifts with more scrub that it had. I would of kept it this way, But I rally wanted a 4x4.

Last edited by skchevota; 10-12-2009 at 10:14 PM. Reason: did not sound right
skchevota is offline   Reply With Quote