View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #11
Lance-ftw

Re: Headliner with built in speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by repeeler View Post
Trying to find a way to put a decent stereo in the truck without hacking it up. It is bone stock now right down to the AM radio so I really don't want to start cutting holes to mount stuff. Any ideas?

http://www.lbcarco.com/retro-car-radio.htm

That's just one of many "knob" stereo options out there. You can keep the form factor and get a modern radio. You can't get a CD player on those I don't think but you can mount a disk player in your glove box.

For speakers it totally depends on what you're after. If you just want sound of decent quality to listen to music then smaller speakers under the seat or if you've happened to move your gas tank or plan to move your gas tank behind the seat.

Kick panels are nice but I have the issue that I always... kick them. With some intelligent tweaking you can mount speakers under the vents in the dash as well but it gives a weird sound bouncing off your windshield.

If you're going for big sound or want subs, you're going to be hard pressed to install a full system without making some cuts and modifications. Don't mount to headliners, I've heard some of them in other vehicles and it sounds like crap and is almost impossible to keep from rattling (also it looks ugly imo).
Lance-ftw is offline   Reply With Quote