View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #91
jeffg1010

Re: My Facetruck thread.

OK, I'll play along. Yesterday morning, I put new rims and tires on my daughters Jeep. Her tires were looking pretty bad so I decided it was time for an upgrade. When I finished I wanted to get it washed so it was clean when she got home from school.
I went to our local car wash (A.K.A.- Auto Bell) to get it cleaned up because, to be honest, I was tired and didn't want to mess with it. I had just gotten off work (3rd shift) and it was almost lunch time. Figured I'd be in and out in 10 minutes.
So, the Jeep rolled through the wash and when it popped out the other side, an employee moved it around to dry it off. I walked outside and struck up a conversation with an elderly man waiting on his Cadillac.
When the girl finished drying the Jeep, she called out for the Jeep owner. I walked over and noticed she seemed concerned and was looking for something. She said "Do you have your keys?" - "Um, no... someone pulled it over here" She went and asked around and could not find my keys. In fact, nobody knew who pulled it over. In fact, I got a little agitated because they went back to work drying other cars. I went over and tracked her down and sorta made a scene. That got the search back on track and I even involved the manager. She said she was afraid she left my keys in the truck that was in front of me. And OF COURSE, at this point, it was long gone.
My patience were wearing thin, so another patron figured out what was going on and said they knew the woman. They called her and sure enough, she found my keys in her truck.

Unbelievable. What are the odds? Thousands of people roll through there everyday and in most cases, my keys would've been LONG gone. They called her and I sat and waited about 20 minutes for her to get back. I got a free car wash pass for my trouble. I was aggravated but relieved to get them back.
Attached Images

1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote