View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #6
HEI451
Account Suspended

Re: Check this out-nice little 2-speed fan harness...

Lets see, engine driven fans suck half the horsepower right out of an engine, right! Yeah...right. EVERYBODY says so, it's plastered all over the net, so, it MUST be absolutely true.

But, when an electric fan is used, all that horsepower comes right back, and, we benefit from them being for use with emissions engines that run at well over 200 degrees, some emissions engines those electric fans come off of, as high as 230 degrees. So, NO power loss at all from an over heated engine with the electric fans, along with reduced electrical charging system drag from the amperes the over worked alternator must produce to keep the horsepower sucking electric fam NOT being efficient.

Please, stop the hype of electric fans. I am a factory engine designer, have been for over two decades, and I KNOW BETTER, a lot better than to blindly believe that absolutely wrong, wrong, wrong electric fan sales hype and drivel.

The ONLY redeeming factor I saw in the first pictures by the original poster is, he managed to mount the fan inside the fan hole of the full radiator sized fan shroud, not the greatest setup, but the best (still mediocre) I have seen for a bad situation to date.
HEI451 is offline   Reply With Quote