Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 09:02 AM   #5377
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

you guys heard of the Occam's razor principle?

I believe it's the idea that sometimes the simplest solution is the best solution.

Let me give you an example: The other day I was at an open mike event when we could not hear the performer, well after toying with the karate-okie machine it turned out that the microphone was OFF, and after the singer turned it ON, the guitar player in the background was overheard blurring out "Occam's razor"

so my point is, if your truck was starting fine and now you have a starting issue, look at the starter before jumping to messing with timing and carb etc

Motor De Arranque Nuevo (for our Spanish speaking affiliates)

Duralast Gold - you get what you pay for and this is so much nicer than the prior Value craft I had in there! truck starts so smoothly now on first kick, ha ha but I'll be honest with you I only bought this one cause it had a smaller (shorter) solenoid and I wanted a starter with the smallest form factor possible to keep it as far away from the heat from the long tube headers as possible, and this is the best I could score at AutoZone

sorry no pics of the actual starter as this was a rush job, roadside repair I kid you not, I was so proud of myself for just knocking it out rather than calling triple aye!
Attached Images

Last edited by Gregski; 04-22-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote