View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #136
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
Nice job removing the cab support and tipping the cab, looks good. I used a "twisted wire cup brush" to remove the undercoating during rust repairs on the driver side. See pic, I didn't see mine on HF website but only a 3". They have some other sizes in straight twisted brushes (not cupped) Any size with 5/8-11 thread will fit a 4 1/2 grinder though. I think I got mine from steves tools, a local chain store Check out ebay or a local hardware store maybe. I am going to try out the Eastwood "under gone" Pic also, they claim you spray it and let it work then scrape it all off, for $12 a can I will give it a try when I strip the whole underside of the cab.
I have to double check my grinder... I don't think I am able to screw anything onto it, so I have avoided those types of wheels.

I saw the Eastwood undercoating product on their website. It has mixed reviews on both Eastwoods site and on this forum. Let me know how it works, although I might just get it to try it myself.

But, if you are sandblasting the cab, as I think you mentioned you were going to do, won't that eliminate the undercoating as well? Do you still need to buy the Eastwood stuff?
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote