View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 05:33 PM   #173
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Polar Bear Suburban

One small update…..Got the headers back from my powder coat buddy yesterday. They turned out great! I’m still about 4 to 6 weeks away from install as I still have a lot of install bits and pieces to collect. It is time consuming (and expensive) to collect everything as I use all new parts and pieces when I do swaps like this. The only parts that won't be new is the 2 year old Denso starter motor and the existing power steering pump that I will be reusing from the 5.7L.

The Howell Engine Development harness arrived a few weeks ago and I already spent a few hours reworking different ’89 Burb engine harness to prune away all of the TBI circuits. The old harness will run the starter, A/C compressor, oil pressure gauge, temp gauge while the new Howell harness will run only the engine exactly the same way I have the K10 setup. I chose to use an another Suburban engine harness as I didn’t want to chop my original Suburban harness up so I could keep it all together to sell with the TBI 5.7L once it comes out. A TBI 5.7L and harness would be great pieces to swap EFI into something older. Getting exciting!
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote