Thread: 327 vs 350
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #17
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

Re: 327 vs 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfinseats View Post
I built a 327 and a 350 for my 68 Cmamro and ran the same time in the quarter mile. I think a 327 is a stronger engine. Better quality but the 350 will have more bottom end torque for a truck.
Did both engines have the same parts, specs and build quality? if not the point can quickly become mute.

It would be simple to build a stout 327 screamer, to walk all over a mild 350. Even in a heavier truck. I could build one on dyno sim and without to much trouble get upwards of 450 hp and make more peak torque than the mild 350.(the trade-off is that you will have to spin the smaller motor at a higher rpm) But this is not even a apples to apples comparison...it is not a secret at all that smaller cube motors can go faster than bigger cube motors ....its all in the parts combo, build quality and money.

But all of this confuses the point that if two similar engines of different displacement spec out the same, or close to ...the larger motor will make more torque and horsepower, and with enough traction will push a quicker et....you simply can't get away from the cube advantage when all else is equal. It's just physics.
RUSHNBOBO is offline   Reply With Quote