View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 10:16 AM   #72
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: #the 77_remix

Considered my options for tail light bulbs and decided to go with LEDS. I dont feel the LED panels that are available are the look I'm after so I started research on replacement bulbs. Trust me there are a gazillion optoins out there so I started by looking at the well known brands like Sylvania, and Phillips. They are pricey and the reviews were not flattering for the cost, so I moved on.

After looking at several brands, I ran across iBrightstar. The reviews were excellent and answered my two big concerns. I had forewarned that some replacement bulbs wont fit inside the tail light housing. The iBrightstar bulbs are shown as the exact same size so clearance wont be an issue.

My next priority was brightness and color. Ironically many of the brands I looked at had complaints that the LEDs werent much brighter than stock. Another common issue is the bulb emitting a blueish hue. According to me reserach the iBrightstar emits a very white light.

I ordered them from Amazon Prime. The 1157 and 1156 come in 2 packs for 15.99 and the 194 2 pack is 14.99. Thats certainly not cheap, but competitive with the name brands and much better reviews.

I got free 2 day shipping so I expect them to be here tomorrow. I plan to do a side by side comparison as soon as they arrive.
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote