View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 02:43 PM   #1254
70custom20

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

I'm way, way late to the game here. I just found the diesel swap section of this board when I started reading through some of dieselwrencher's posts. I'm on page nine of your thread. Here on the east coast, most of the old '67-'72 4wd pickups and suburbans are pretty much non existent. My father in law had an old 4wd suburban back in the '80's. He did a body swap from his '70 K20 to the suburban chassis, and vice versa. My wife used to ride in it when she was a kid. The suburban body is long gone, but he still has the '70 K-20 pickup that he bought new in '69, it's beyond rough, lol. Anyway, you got my wheels turning, as many others that have read through this thread. I'm like a lot of the guys here, new to diesels, at least new to the idea of a diesel swap into one of these trucks. One of the things that kinda makes me shy away from the idea is how far back you have to set the engine, which puts the NV4500 farther back, transfer case, etc..... Being a pickup, I don't wanna lose the bench seat, these cabs are small enough to begin with. I love the modern upgrades, I'm dying to put AC in my truck, etc..... My junk is the typical 454, SM 465 with a 60 front, 14 bolt 4.10's truck. I started building the truck in '95 when I was 22 yrs old, and it's been on the road since '97. I'd love to pull it apart and start upgrading a lot of it, but right now time and space aren't in my favor. I'll have to get my photobucket account back in order so I can post a pic of two of my junk. Thanks for this thread, it's been a wealth of information. If you had to guess (maybe you already posted this in later pages) how much torque and horsepower do you think the Cummins is making?
Posted via Mobile Device
70custom20 is offline   Reply With Quote