Thread: 1972 SWB Build
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 12:34 PM   #48
beaterku

Re: 1972 SWB Build

Good morning all. I was able to spend some time on the truck yesterday. I bolted in the trailing arm brackets and tailing arms and attached the rear end to help verify the location of the shock crossmember and bolt in c-notch.

The shock crossmember is bolted in on the bottom side. I've got to figure out how to transcribe the top bolt holes to the top flange of the frame. The c-notch lines up perfectly. I was using a frame dimensional drawing that I found on the forum (forgive me, I can't for the life of me remember the user who posted this) to locate the crossmembers. I triple checked the shock crossmember center line and went to drilling. Much to my amazement, it lined up perfect!

I ran out of time and had to call it quits, but it's slowly coming along. Next up is finishing the top holes on the shock crossmember, drilling the holes for the frame stiffener and drilling and cutting the notch in. After that, all that is left is locating/bolting in the panhard bar crossmember and installing all of the ridetech parts.

Here is the video I made of what was done this weekend: https://youtu.be/BXHq3jkOqTA

Thanks!
Attached Images

beaterku is offline   Reply With Quote