View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 10:10 AM   #65
mikebte

Re: 47-59 Original and Close to Stock Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnduane View Post
Here's a few pics of my close to stock '55 2nd 3100. Body, frame, steering, suspension and brakes stock. A '69 Firebird 350 was put in it sometime in the '70s, I believe. And '67 Muncie, 4 speed, close ratio trans with Hurst shifter. Guy I bought it from said it was a 400, but "350" is cast in to the side of the block, no big deal anyway. The truck was passed around between different owners in the Inland Empire of So Calif. Cherry Valley, Beaumont, Mentone, and then Moreno Valley. It was originaly built in Los Angeles, and was a V8 pickup from the get go. Minimal rust and a fairly straight body were pluses: but the POs had kept it running all these years with bailing wire, duct tape and chewing gum! And some of the most Rube Goldberg fixes I've ever seen!! Bought it in 2013. I worked on it for 7 days a week for 3 months and then hammered out some small dents and shot it with red paint myself. I'm a carpenter, not a painter so the paint job is ……. protective? Been a blast and drive it several times a week. Old Poncho runs great and hauls the mail.
Is this RED truck going for July Truck of the month. Should really be posted. I love the way it sits.
mikebte is offline   Reply With Quote