View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 10:56 PM   #29
HomeMadeSin

Re: Inflation and Taxation

Well, honestly $282 isn’t quite enough for me to bail on this just yet. I paid $500 for it originally. Then rented a U-Haul trailer to haul it from Denver to Savannah ($400 if memory serves). Then add diesel fuel expense, meals and hotels and I’m in it for a lot more than it’s worth already. But it was a good friend of mine that sold it and I pushed him to get it ready to haul and didn’t feel it was right to back out once I saw what I was in for. Also, I was planning to use it as a business vehicle, so the expenses could be written off (legitamately).

So, I will follow through on the appeal. I don’t know what others have experienced with an appeal of this sort, but it is clearly a cash grab. Not enough to take up arms against but certainly to fight for what is right. I genuinely want to see the overpaid, underworked and likely completely clueless rep that is supposed to visit my place and inspect the vehicle.

Now if they don’t follow logic the next step would be legal. Any GA lawyers here willing to take one for the team?!?

Z
HomeMadeSin is offline   Reply With Quote