View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 03:14 AM   #5
tobiahr

Re: the slowest (build) blazer

I have an overall plan for the vehicle but no real timeline for when it should happen. The summer of 2008 I finally got the vehicle inspected and street legal and started driving. This is when I found out the real reason you should not put a cheap electric fuel pump at the front of the vehicle. After repeatedly stalling in traffic I replaced the mechanical fuel pump, removed the electric, and have had no further fuel delivery issues. For those that don't know an electric fuel pump doesn't have a lot of vacuum and so has issues with pulling the fuel from the tank to the front of the vehicle. That’s why all of the instructions say to put it as close to the tank as possible and why new vehicles put them in the tank. The second modification after the wheels and lift was I wanted a serpentine system. "OFF TO THE SALVAGE YARD"
Paid 150$ total for the complete system including alternator, power steering pump and AC compressor. SWEET!
And I still don't have it completely on the Blazer.
You see this is where my curse kicked in. Anytime I think it’s going to be a simple job it isn't. The serpentine setup I got moved the AC compressor to the passenger side of the vehicle. Ok simple, I get the condenser coils from the donor vehicle and put them in the Blazer. That will take modifying the radiator core support. I haven't gotten to that part yet as I’m kind of afraid to start cutting it up.
So I started installing the serpentine system anyway. Now I find the stock headers won't work for me. So I get a set of aftermarket. While removing them I see the rear seal on the transmission is leaking. Check. Got that one fixed (sorry no pics).
Attached Images

tobiahr is offline   Reply With Quote