View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 11:38 AM   #10
PHOENIX

Re: Power steering fluid in the brake reservoir.

I just dropped the car off at the shop next to my work. I explained it to him and he said it will probably be alright since I sucked most of it out before applying the brake. He said he has a flushing machine, it will take about 30 minutes labor + fluid. I'm guessing there is a waste disposal fee also. Sounds like its going to run me around $50-80.

Something strange though. I took off the reservoir cap off this morning to look at the bubble. The bubble is gone! I don't know if the PS fluid dried it out and the correct fluid replenished it, but the bubble is gone and the rubber looks and feels healthy.

UPDATE:
The mechanic noticed a slimy substance below the float in the reservoir so he decided to pull the MC off. He then removed the reservoir and cleaned it out real well. The cap rubber and rubber between reservoir and MC still look good so it looks like I got lucky. Gonna cost a little more for the extra labor, but not too bad.

Last edited by PHOENIX; 09-03-2008 at 06:30 PM.
PHOENIX is offline   Reply With Quote