View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #10
Jacfourteen
Big Red - Now its a SWB!

Re: Big Red, my 68 3/4 ton GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by culp7 View Post
any progress?
I've had a little bit here and there but I've barely had time to work on it much less post on my build thread! I've been meaning to do some updates, I have pictures of most the work that I've done so I can put it on here when I have some time. The biggest thing is that I had to pull the motor out because while sitting it got water in it, I flushed it out good but it was too late. I had only driven it about 400 miles and then it started knocking. It turned out that some junk had pluged the oil screen and wiped out the bearings. So I dropped in a new crank and bearings and everything else got a good cleaning then it went back in. I've also put a 3/4" plywood bed floor in, redid the gauges with white faces, installed a 5" tach, got the exhaust on, along with a few other things. Since then I've put her to work hauling some trash to the dump and hauling two 3500 pound loads of gravel. I have some video clips I posted up in some other posts but I'll put em up here too. The first vid is just a sound clip with a 4000 rpm rev, shut down and startup. The second vid is a couple easy starts from stop signs (you can see my gauges, and since then I fixed the speedo). The third vid is a more agressive take off, I start off in 2nd and short shift it because I'm just spinning, then you can hear the tires spinning in 3rd but I let off because I start to get sideways (Its hard to steer shift and hold a camera at the same time while buring out). The picture is of a 3520 pound load of gravel I hauled last week. Hope you enjoy, and I'll try to get some of the progress pics up.

68 3/4 ton (Project)-350 Small Block, .030 over, 10:1 comp, 3998993 heads, C3BX edelbrock intake, comp cams XE268, Holley 670 SA, long tube headers, dual flow 40's, E-fan, Alum rad, currently under the knife getting shortened and bagged build thread
41 3/4 ton (wife's)-flatbed, fully restored to original
01 Tahoe LT 4WD (my daily driver)-Magnaflow Muffler, Rollin on 22's
02 Ford Mustang Convertable (Wife's Car)-Flowmaster 50, Clear corners, Intake, sittin on 18's
Jacfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote