View Single Post
Old 12-27-2016, 03:52 AM   #134
Nick_R_23

Re: Project "You thought yours was bad!" '78 C10 Stepside

I found some time today to get these suckers installed. I definitely like this setup, much cleaner than many of the other "centerbolt" options out there. It is definitely very tedious getting the washers and nuts installed for the looms, if I was to do it over I would "preinstall" everything on the brackets and leave the hardware loose so I could pull the wires back and forth as needed, instead of trying to mount them after the brackets are installed.

Someone in the reviews mentioned that these hit their headers in the back. I'm not sure how that's possible. Maybe they shouldn't install their headers upside down!

The plastic loom holder thingys were advertised to fit a fairly wide range of wire sizes. The problem with that is that they become very tight with the larger wire sizes (I'm running 8.5 mm), almost to the point that I would worry that they were damaging the wire. My solution was to drill these out a step larger and also eliminate the 'nubs' inside the loom, so I would have some adjustment with moving the wires around while they were clamped down. An 11/32 drill bit worked perfectly for my MSD wires

Here are the looms installed on the bracket, the spark plug socks installed on the wires, and the wires ran through the looms in their general position. Very clean routing, I'm definitely a fan!

Here, I'm trimming the wires to length with everything ran with appropriate slack and clearance everywhere. Also starting to crimp on the ends

And boots are installed along with the wire number clips. Custom fit wires are definitely worth the effort! I'm still up in the air on how I want to wire #2 and #3. I would love to route them between the terminals similar to how Chevy did it with the TBI wire routing, but I'm a little worried about crossfiring between wires. Around the cap would eliminate any possibility of that, but wouldn't look nearly as clean.

Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote