View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 12:14 AM   #6
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

I decided that there is no time like the present to get started on the blazer. I noticed some fiberglass and rust on part of the firewall so I went to a solid parts suburban body that we have and cut out a patch panel by drilling out the factory spot welds.

This is a picture of the section of firewall that I am going to cut off to use as a patch for the blazer.

This is the first patch panel that I have taken off so far.

This is the suburban firewall after the patch has been taken off. Much of what you are seeing now will also need to be taken off and used as a patch on the blazer. The problem is one of the previous owners tried to stop leaks and rust with screening and bondo. A great recipe to speed up the effects of rust.

This is the same section on the blazer right before starting on taking it off. Judging by the amount of fiberglass shoved underneath that panel alot of the metal behind it will need replacing.

This is far as I was able to get today, but hoping to get a little more work done tomorrow.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote