View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #15
In The Ten Ring

Re: 72 GMC Short Step Build

You know man, I never thought of the local car clubs! I will look into that!

Ah ha...."just pushed through." I used to do that so much when I was younger. My best performance was working all day, then leaving at midnight, driving 4 hours to get this girl I knew, immediately driving back 4 hours, and entering a "Kissing Contest."

You read that right: a kissing contest. It was held in Fayetteville, NC and was on Valentine's Day, hosted by 99.9XFM. Even though we had only kissed minutes before "for practice" and both of us hadn't slept for a whole 24 hours, we went for 3 hours and 45 minutes NON STOP french kissing. The winners went for 7 hours.

I practially carried her the last hour as she worked 24 hour shifts as a rad tech. It was televised and when the reporter asked for interview volunteers, we ran up. She asked how long we'd be dating and I turned to the girl and said, "what was the name of the bar we met in last night?" And she said, "I don't remember! I was too drunk."

The reporter's jaw dropped! Then she interviewed another couple.

I drove her back and immediately turned for home. I slept for an hour two times, right on the side of the interstate, slept and hour when I came in, then went immediately and worked all day. I fell asleep driving once, drove across a plowed field, and woke up JUST BEFORE I WOULD HAVE RUN INTO A 6 FOOT DEEP 20 FOOT WIDE CANAL. I turned back and didn't get tired the rest of the day.

My worst performance was falling asleep after a bad day but wild night in Charlotte. I bounced off a guardrail, denting the full length of my Honda Civic. $500.00 deductable but I'm glad I had full coverage. These days, I pull off and sleep or get a motel.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote