View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 02:07 AM   #15
RobinHood

Re: 1957 Chevy 3600 Mild Custom Build

After spraying POR 15 chassis black on the frame and underside and floor of cab, I applied butyl rubber and aluminum insulation to the entire floor of the truck. I fabbed up a transmission tunnel cover with the appropriately located hole for the shifter handle for the NV3500. The shifter handle for the NV3500 stock is ugly 90s rubber style, so i chopped off the stick and welded up a new stick for it. I have decided to re-make it with stainless steel instead of the mild that it was initially made of. The entire dash got sanded down and filled in with patch panels with the goal of a smooth dash minus the dash cluster. I am using an 80s Camaro steering column with a steering wheel found at my grandfathers place for now. The column still may need to be shortened for optimal steering angle, but it works well as is. I plan to replace the gauges in the dash cluster so I am able to run an electric speedo with the NV3500, but I will also likely run a 3 gauge panel that will drop down below the dash in the center. I still need to figure out the emergency brake, whether it will be a pedal style or a hand style.
Attached Images

RobinHood is offline   Reply With Quote