View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
jeffg1010

60-66 Truck Calendar Nominations

I just published a calendar featuring Classic Chevy Trucks (all years), and Chevy_Man5 requested I do one for the 60-66 guys (and gals). Link to calendar http://www.lulu.com/product/calendar...rucks/18945824

If you want your truck (or someone else's-must be an active forum member who I can get in touch with) submitted for the calendar, post the BEST pictures (2-3) you have of it. After receiving all of the photos, I will post a poll for forum members to vote on the calendar trucks. The maximum amount of contestants we can have for a poll is 30, so that will be the cut off point. You can nominate more than one. And this is open to all Chevy trucks in the 60-66 range- longbed, shortbed, stepside, Suburban, Panel. AND... anywhere (not just in the USA)

If you want one, you will be able to purchase the calendars, I will be publishing it on the lulu.com website. It will be a 12 month calendar and the price will be around $15.00. So... we need 12 nominations to make this work. If anyone is interested in a large size "premium" calendar (larger, glossy paper, etc...) let me know. I can add that as an option. The standard size is 11"x17", but there is an option for a 13.5"x19". The price goes up about $7.00 per calendar though.

Feel free to submit other board members or yourself. Just make sure it is a really good picture that is uncropped. Photos that are too "rectangular" will not work.

I will also need:
-the owners name (how they want it shown on the calendar- first name only, or first and last name)
-their city
-the details on the truck (example: 1961 Chevrolet Apache 10 Stepside)

Here is what I need for the pictures…

-You must have the original picture available to email me once the nominations are done.
-Pictures you took with your cell phone often have low resolution. Sometimes, I can make these work, but these NEED to be quality digital shots (for example, my iphone will take some photos that are 2 mb large... I can make these work)
-No photos that you scanned from 1983
-Preferably the complete truck centered in the photo- don’t let the bumpers get cut off in the photos (common problem apparently). I had a couple of these on the other calendar. This not only makes the truck look bad in the photo, it makes my cropping skills look bad
-More than likely, it needs to be outside, with good lighting. A picture you shot 5 minutes ago in your garage probably won’t cut it. UNLESS you have a really big (and well lit) garage with room to get the full truck into it. Haha.
-A straight on nose shot or even a rear facing shot would work too… as long as it is cool looking and the lighting is good.
-I’d say it needs to be visibly complete (or at least presentable and drivable) I know, they are never complete.
-IF it is an artistic "calendar" quality shot, it could get added too. (see the cover on the Classic Chevy Truck calendar) I think if the theme is right, a very small portion of the truck could be "calendar worthy"
-And -no people in the shots. Maybe next year... of course, many guys will vote for a "Chicks on trucks" theme. haha. If you have a really good picture of a smoking hot girl adorning the hood of your truck, I will gladly review it and make a decision. -just kidding-I will review it , but it still won't make the cut.
-You need to be the current owner of the truck. Otherwise, nominate the new owner (if he/she is a board member)

Thanks to all
1986 C30 Crewcab - 63K original miles, original paint

Members I have met: mikey531, gcburdic, bashed, burbman69, TonyPieras, Blazester, GCncsuHD, custombuilt67-72, tsnow678, highrpm, PanelDeland, tanman722001, 47thriftmaster, babyblueoval, 68stepbed, JesseWebb, Andy4639, xs-style, TobyArnot, BigOrange, frednoah, brn_agn, k5hart, Graham57a, bhelton, AJohn6, SilverC10, 69CST, '71 Flame, RaceAGMC, Liz, Josh, MattPSU, 68corvair, Chevy350V8, mdeal, ccrorymc, mrhurt73, dmxxpert, Custom68, 84GMC, BionicABs1, BigBlockBurris, Ebfabman, ATP...

Last edited by jeffg1010; 03-09-2012 at 06:31 PM.
jeffg1010 is offline   Reply With Quote