View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 09:34 PM   #6
chefk85

Re: Attn VETTEVET Cs130d conversion from 12si

Thanks. So as of now it doesnt quite look like it is in the idagram. Let me see if i can explain to you what i have going.

I have the alt power wire going from alt to junction block on its own post with correct fusible link at the junction block side.

I have the batt charge wire going from its own post on junction to batt positive with fusible link. I thought you had said previously that i could eliminate the junction BOLT all together? If i need to run the charge wire to junction bolt and fusible link from there to battery i will.

I have one half of the batt guage wire(fused black ones) going to junction block onthe same stud as the charge wire. The passenger side batt guage wire going to battery positive with the charge wire. Again if i need to run charge wire to junstion BOLT and fusible link to battery positive i will run the batt guage wire to the junction bolt.

Then for the old exterbal reg plug. I havent done anything with it yet. Should i then be able to take the brown wire and red wire from the FEMALE side(where the wires go INTO the original plug) and extend? or do i need to come off the side where it plugged into the REG? EDIT HERE: the red wire came from the soldered junction to the plug....So its just kind of hanging out unhooked to anything but the reg plug input. Im assuming i just run the sensing wire from the junction block to the alt and cut the brown wire for the ammeter at the plug and extend to alt.

At this point where i am now the old soldered junction is completely gone.

One more i forgot was the red cab power wire. It goes straight from the junction into the cab. There was no inline fuse to begin with so i am assuming there doesnt need to be one. maybe it is fused on the cab side of the firewall. I havent looked.

Thanks for your patience. As io have a different looking junction than you and im only seeing the junction itself and no pics of battery side of compartment I am struggling with understanding what you have going on in your truck.

Thankls again ,

chefk85
93 Burb K1500. 350/4l60e Parting out.
2001 Tahoe LT, 5.3, autoride, 265/75s, leather, loaded, family hauler, 243k miles!

Last edited by chefk85; 04-28-2018 at 09:47 PM.
chefk85 is offline   Reply With Quote