View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #7
nikwho

Re: '06 Tremec T-56 into '68 GMC C-15 w/ 600HP BBC 427 questions...

Good to hear the cost involved to make your swap happen. From what I've read, the cost of a new T56, or buying used and having rebuilt, seems to be about half of the actual cost of the full swap. I have every single part (sans the actual transmission) to install a Muncie, down to the clutch, flywheel, clutch cable, throw out bearing, bellhousing, etc. I am in no particular hurry to find a 6 speed to install. I will likely install a M21 or M22 in the mean time. Then, once that's finished, it may actually be wise from that point to install a gear vendor overdrive into it! I really like the nostalgia of a M22, with the loud gear whine! Perhaps that is the way to go.

Even if I do go with the M21/M22 for now, it's not wasted money, as I have a '59 Apache and soon to have a '65 Chevelle that will each eventually need a standard transmission. I currently have a freshly built 700r4 in the '59 that I can manually shift & for my preferences, it's just not the same as a standard transmission. I do appreciate all of your guys' opinions and input!

Nik