View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 09:59 PM   #23
rkn463

Re: 68 C50 Looongbed pickup build

OK, quick update:

Last week at work was incredibly stressful and it left me lacking motivation so I did not get started very early Saturday. I continued working on removing the front clip from the 89. I had a hell of a time getting the radiator out, it has an oil cooler and the lines did not want to come out of the radiator. I literally spent over an hour on one line and ultimately ended up cutting it so now I have to replace the cooler lines. Once the rad was out I could see that it has been leaking. I hate to think how much it will cost to re-core it, it's huge! Anyway with the radiator out I got my brother to help set the front end off the truck. By this time Saturday was done.

Sunday AM and back to my weekly recreational mowing - 2 hours worth. Once that was done it was back to the truck. I ripped off a bit of the tubes going to the smog pumps (that's right, two of them!) and then started on the cab. I got the 4 cab mount bolts removed, cab to frame ground strap removed and the speedometer cable disconnected. I pulled out the factory service manual and made a list of their cab removal procedure and marked off 5 of the 20 items they had listed. Here is a pic with the front clip off and my list of things to do next week.
Attached Images