View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 11:25 PM   #76
joedoh

Re: Wamego: 1949 GMC 150

front end time, you may remember it was bashed a bit.

IMG_0176 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I have two GMC fenders and a nice GMC hood, but I really like keeping the sheetmetal with the cab it came with because it matches. I need to get the stuff pounded out at least enough to fit it all up, then have someone with more skill than my two dumbsticks tap it nicer.

IMG_0644 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0646 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I have that spare grille I got at the swap meet earlier this year to fix this one.
IMG_0650 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I have two sledges I use for bodyworking this old sheetmetal, works fast and great. imagine my surprise when chucking the long one up in the vise provided a great way to hold the fender to boot!

IMG_0655 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0654 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

when I needed something with a thin edge to get some creases back where they belong, the axe I havent used except for teenage daughter boyfriend threatening (uncle buck reference, no teenage boys were threatened) provided a great surface.

IMG_0660 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

not too shabby, looks like a fender again!
IMG_0661 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

got the pedal bracket in for a final test fit before grinding and painting. works perfect. the column is SO sturdy and I dont even have the bolts in anything except the booster! (that one extra bolt in the top is loose, needed it to get the booster in)

IMG_0663 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0664 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0665 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

found a mirror arm from my 65, should work great with that stainless mirror I didnt like on Hannah.

IMG_0667 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

speaking of hannah, she now is mostly weather tight and spends her days in the sun.

IMG_0638 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0639 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

more to come!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote