View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 10:20 AM   #73
Spf79

Re: 1972 Build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi43 View Post
Why did you have to buy a new carrier for the front? 4.11's are available in a "thick" version that would bolt right in.
At 70 MPH I'm around 2100 RPM, but don't forget I have a 4L60E which has a 30% overdrive. I get a true 25 MPG (imperial) with my Blazer, and that's one of the reasons I used the 5.3
You won't screw up the gear install ! If you have a nice contact patch and the proper preload it will be perfect. Just take your time.:-)
BTW, I really like the item you used for reference to show the thickness of the header flange. That was very Canadian of you !!
At the time I was buying I did not fully understand the thick gears and their reasoning, and of course no shop is going to want to sell you less. Lol, once I got it in my head that it would be pretty cool to have the tru-trac carrier up front I was not looking for reasons to keep my old carrier. .

Yes, I was looking for something that would be easiest for most fellas to referemce. I guess it would make sense since I am of French Canadian decent!