View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 02:51 PM   #220
SS Tim

Re: Blazer SPID thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourspeedwagon View Post
I wish I had a picture of my old 72's SPID... It was loaded but I don't recall ever reconciling its equipment with the sticker.
My recently acquired '69 CST doesn't have the right glovebox door so no SPID for me. It's a very interesting thread though and I've enjoyed it.

I do have a few questions after reading here though.

*I assumed at first that "removable top" and "auxiliary top" would be the same thing, maybe just from different plants- except I see that they have different codes.

*Does there seem to be any order to the way rpos are listed? It won't be "real" but I'd like to do my best to replicate a SPID with the options/colors that I see on mine

*I don't recall seeing a SPID listing cruise control. Was that an original option on 69-72s?

*I had at least one more question but I'll have to come back and edit it---

Thanks guys- Greg
The two aux. top codes to look for are Z58 White and Z59 Black not much else matters, St Louis had some real issues with SPID content, constistency and format.

Getting a reasonably accurate replacement SPID made is a matter of knowing what you have, what to look for in the vehicle's original build and referencing known SPIDs from the same plant and serial range. To me a guesstimated SPID based on about the level of verification most people would do for a for sale ad is worse than no SPID at all.

The only listing I show for factory installed cruise RPO K30 is for a 70 C/10 (4x2 Blazer) with a 350. While there were dealer cruise kits they would not be reflected on the SPID.

If you have another Blazer related SPID question, don't edit but simply post a new reply. Edits don't trigger a subscription notification.

Last edited by SS Tim; 10-26-2015 at 03:41 PM.
SS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote