View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 11:08 AM   #7
OutlawDrifter

Re: 1989 GMC K5 Jimmy SLE Daily Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
First off, nice rig and love the colors! How is the interior....I assume great?!? Although it may indicate 55k, are you sure it's not 155k? Any Carfax to document the mileage?

My 89' was actually 300k+. I figured out the mileage after tracking all the mileage readings throughout it's life on Carfax. Once I figured it out, I then converted my 89' cable driven speedo to the 90-91 electric speedo. With an adjustable DRAC unit, I'm able to get my speedo spot on!! Tire changes, gear changes, etc...fully adjustable plus an extra digit for the 100k counter.

Just an idea for you.
Thanks

I'll have some more pictures up later this week, including some of the interior. I'll convert it over to a digital when I "have" to LS swap it. Yes I do believe the mileage to be true. Underneath the hood and the exhaust pre-aftermarket muffler tells the story. It is bone stock and coming from Denver, does not show signs of being driven much. There is only slight discoloration on the manifolds from heat cycling, no scaly rust, along with everything else under the hood. The underside is also amazingly clean.

New tires are on. 1000% better going down the highway. I can actually have a conversation without yelling. Temp/Compass mirror came in yesterday, so'll I'll get that wired up this week. "Fixed" the trip odometer, replaced a few gauge cluster lights, and put some fresh oil in it this weekend. Exhaust should be in this week for a weekend R&R.

I'll be ordering a set of iBoards for it today probably. Looks like Ford Ranger SuperCab @ 63" is the best set for my needs.

Instagram @aceshighspeedshop
OutlawDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote