View Single Post
Old 04-11-2017, 04:27 PM   #15
El Dorado Jim

Re: Just A few plans for my 72' swb 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsam View Post
Thanks for the replies I do love my ole pickup... And it amazes me the quality of work and the awesome, nice trucks I see go together here. This place is great !! My truck has something I want you guys that know these trucks inside and out to look at for me.. The driver side front, front and rear spring hangers have some pieces on and near them I'm not sure of. The front looks factory stamp welded its a flat strap that runs the width of the hanger. The rear may be home garage made, but it bolts behind the spring to maybe serve as a stop ?? The spring has never touched it though ?? Here's the pics. I do know the rivet replaced with the bolt at the front is not factory. Its in the pics. You can tell by a little wear that The hanger got a little loose on the frame and the put a couple bolts in the rivet holes... Thanks again
those pieces are factory,dont know why there is a bolt in yours...I can't remember why they put those extra pieces on there,but mine has them as well, hopefully someone will get in on this and let us know...
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote