View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #195
jocko

Re: Rarest Paint Color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre77 View Post
My truck is a 1970 cst two tone metallic gold. dark gold #560 on the roof only, and medium gold #526 on the remainder and interior. From what i can see, the dark gold #560 was a 1970 only color and only used on trucks. How rare actually is this paint? My truck has not been restored yet, but about 40 years of crappy paint jobs have mostly peeled away to reveal the original below. I intend to repaint original, and heard two tone metallics were especially rare.
Blackfyre, 560 is factory "Custom Two Tone" code that gives you code 527 Dark Gold Poly as the secondary (roof) and code 526 Med Gold Poly as the primary color (body).

Code 561 is the opposite with the Med Gold Poly on the roof, Dark Gold Poly on the body.

527 is a 1970 only color, so, in that respect, it's kinda rare. The Custom Two Tones were not that common, so the combo is even nicer to have (in my opinion). 526 was held over through 1972, but not available in the Custom Two Tone configuration (and it may have been a GMC-only color, but don't quote me on that). Although there have been a couple 560/561 paint trucks popping up on CL in the past 6 months or so, they are far from commonplace.

Btw, per your SPID, your truck was originally a 2WD truck.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote