View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #17
In The Ten Ring

Re: Where to find a fuel shut off valve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. M. Wolf View Post
Yeah, lots of people don't know all that much about wiring... like many people that try to steal vehicles. Which really screws with a would-be thief when you don't mark your switches with anything but colored lighted switches.

Ok, but the electric wiring for an electric fuel pump is even easier than the tubing for 'em... Hot wire from positive side fuse box, to the on/off switch, from the switch to the fuel pump, wire ground from fuel pump to frame. (if you install a positive/negative wired fuel pump, simply run the positive wire through the switch and the negative wire direct back to the negative side of the fuse box, & attach ground wire to frame or body, whichever is easier/better... you don't even have to use the vehicles fuse box as long as you get a 12v fuel pump, it can be run direct from a main hot/positive lead, into a fuse of the correct amps for the fuel pump, then into the switch, & into the fuel pump).

I'm right there with ya on that one! (I even one-upped ya on this, I have "Rotties" that love my trucks just as much as me). I run a set of separate fog lights, a separate back-up light,(I also haul horse trailer & like the extra light down by the hitch), an electrical 'kill switch', and an electrical fuel pump... all set up on a small bank of different colored, lighted, unmarked, switches just under the dash below the ash tray,(except for the 'kill switch', which is better hidden).

Ok, but that's what I thought God made vice-grips for... ..unless you're running braided steel flex lines for the soft fuel lines instead of the basic rubber ones...

Michael
Thanks man, very good stuff here!
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote