Thread: Serious Black
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 08:51 PM   #87
snipescastle2

Talking Re: Serious Black

Scott,
I have the factory front sway bar up front, urethane bushings also. I've been thinking of doing the rear sway bar at some point in the near future, perhaps something else to do this winter.... as I mentioned in my text message, I took out the one inch spacers I installed with my poly cab mounts, that made a drastic improvement. Once I get my brake lines finished up front, I'm going to bot the bed down solid, then start laying out the remaining trim holes I need to drill in my shiny new paint job.......(I'll be very nervous doing that) I bought some 1/4" pin striping tape to help keep everything lined up and make drilling the holes that much easier....
Any way's, I'm plugging away with the little things as I go. I still have to add the fuel tank vent and a small piece of hard line to finish up my fuel system, and the wiring for the sender. I still have to attach the two hard lines from the proportioning valve to the front cross member lines, then I can bleed the brakes. I have everything I need to run the E brake cables, I just have to modify the E brake cables where they attach to the rear disc calipers ( seems I got the later F body cables (LS1 Camaro, instead of the pre LS1- the LS1 e brakes had small brake shoes inside the rotor hats, where the pre LS1 calipers had an integral arm that applied the force to the piston/pads) any way's, the cable ends where they attach, are much bigger in diameter and won't fit the mount on the caliper, so, I need to drill them out in order to make them fit, no problem there.

well, after doing all the juggling with the mounts, I'm pleased with how it sits now. I have 15" x 8" rally's at all four corners, P275/60r15 BFG T/A's and it has a killer stance already. Once I have my speaker enclosure done, I can start wiring the stereo/amp and speakers, then move onto wiring the rest of the truck. my seats will be getting recovered this winter, going with Black tweed and bright blue Tweed inserts. I'm going to run the 2007 Silverado buckets and jump seat/arm rest combo, although, I'm probably going to remove the head rests, and look into modifying the base to make them sit shorter, possibly adding some different sliders/adjuster's as you mentioned....
here's a couple of pics from today....
Enjoy!!!
Ben
Attached Images

snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote