View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 10:48 AM   #11
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Re: 1946 Superior Bus 1 ton frame swap??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTFUN View Post
Looks like he is gone too. I am jumping in with my off brand old project bus. A 1935 Dodge chassis with a Wayne Streamliner bus body. I was thinking of ordering a new Dodge 3500 2WD 167" WB dually cab/chassis with a 6.4 Hemi for the body to ride on. I got in my mind this will make an awesome reliable tow and travel rig with a classic bright yellow 30's bus body. Any concerns with fitting this new chassis underneath as I know I am going to have to widen the fenders a bit up front? I need some front sheet metal so I also was looking toward finding and utilizing a 36 to 38 Dodge 1.5 ton front clip for some more room under the hood for coolers and such.
More to come as this isn't a project for the faint hearted weekend dreamers and probably still take me several years to complete too...
Looks like a fun project for sure. You can start a build thread on this forum in the Alternate Tinkerings area.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote