View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 09:30 AM   #8
highwinger

Re: vent window woes

Thanks Doc for the detailed response. I will recall the links when I'm ready to replace the door glass. Have you used Classic Industry's door glass too?

I'm really surprised the rubber tucks in the door. I found the plastic stick used for windshield installation real good at working the rubber since its blunt and stiff so it doesn't harm the rubber.

wrt the vertical channel, mine had been replaced before, so I didn't have to cut it out like in the video. However, it did have rubber cement remnants which may have left the new piece a bit proud making the window travel tight.

One thing I noticed is the pivot rivet has more slop than I'd expect. I tried to clamp down on the rivet more, but it didn't seem to help. I wish I had welded the rivet tool to a c-clamp as one of the threads recommended. I used a punch in a vise to apply the back pressure while hammering the tool down on the rivet to form it. I tried a F-clamps since I have more of those, but it didn't work well. I bought an extra tool so I could cut one in half for the welding purpose. I will try it that way on the driver vent.
highwinger is offline   Reply With Quote