View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 05:22 PM   #54
BlueBullet

Re: Big Bird - 1972 Longhorn K30

For engine, trans, and transfer case I am going to run the setup out of the K30. 350, TH400 and NP205. Going with the hydro boost and steering box also. Going to convert from TBI to carbureted. Wanted to keep stock look under the hood but with the power steering and hydro boost setup I don't think that is possible. If anybody knows a way to use stock power steering or similar mounting would love to know. I also plan to use the stock trans/transfer case cross member from the K30 and the hanger bearing mount from the Longhorn. Will go with the stock '72 four wheel drive engine cross member. The wheel base on the K30 is 135 so also hoping to use those driveshafts too. We will see how that pans out hopefully soon once paint dries. Been painting axles and miscellaneous pieces. Also cleaning up engine,trans, and transfer case for a quick painting. When the time comes what is the best way to figure out where the hole goes in high hump cover when final location is figured out. Also finding where the holes will be drilled in the frame for engine cross member once that location is figured out. I would assume measure from the topside and drill away just wondering if the is an easier way. High hump definitely has me stumped.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753294
BlueBullet is offline   Reply With Quote