View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 12:26 PM   #137
landarts
landarts

Re: Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500

Plan for the day was to remove inner fender and fender on the passenger side. I only had it held on by about 6 bolts total for the both so it only took a few minutes to have them both off. removing them was to serve two purposes, one to get the fender finished off and ready to paint while it was off and the second was to reinstall the heater core and heater assembly. Much easier to do both when the fender is off.

About 30 minutes later and the heater core and heater assembly were back on and ready to go, while I was doing that I got side tracked and removed all the blue tape I had put on the spark plug wires to number them and also clean all off the baked on grease that were on the valve covers. It was a much easier task with the fender and heater assembly not in the way. With that completed I moved on to the fender.

I had worked on the fender before and thought I had it really close, however after looking at it a little better under better lighting I discovered a few areas that still warranted attention before shooting color. One area was to weld shut all 6 holes from the previous badges that were on fender. None of them were reusable for the GMC 2500 Custom badge. So I welded them up, grind a little then a skim coat of Rage filler. I also went over a few other areas on the fender and did a complete over all sanding and prepping for the filler primmer. Will tackle the inside of the fender where it is exposed under the hood tomorrow after work. With any luck it will be ready for color before the weekend.
Attached Images

Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
69 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer

Last edited by landarts; 10-27-2018 at 04:53 PM.
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote