View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
Rusteeze64GB

Newbie 1964 GMC Build

Hello, I am glad to have found you guy's Where do I start? I have been wanting an old truck for a long time. My Dad has a 1963 Chevy Truck shortbed w/ stepsides but, is not ready to hand it over,( my great grandfathers old truck) and I am not ready to wait. So, I decided to look around a see what I could find. It is funny I was not originally looking for a truck. I wanted an old car to work on but could not find one in my price range. So, this 64GMC fleetside was calling me $975. Basically, when I bought the truck the man that had it said it had not ran in a few years and was at a body shop getting paint before he stopped driving it. Long story short, I had got myself into a little more than I wanted and the man's story was incorrect but hey, you always remember your first. I have 3 kids and have been with my wife for 9 years. Time is more an issue than money. However, I am not doing a frame up full on restoration. I am looking to just put something together that looks nice and I can drive to work on Fridays and maybe an old car show here or there. So, I did not set a budget and I am not planning to spend thousands. The engine was rusted so I am going to tear it apart and maybe rebuild later. in the meantime, I did get a great running 250 inline from Chevyguys on the board. He even fired it up for me before I took delivery. He lives right up the street from me what are the odds. The plan is to have this 250 I6 engine dropped in this week after cleaning and paint. The goal is to have the truck running by the end of October beginning of November. The biggest issue after the engine being put in is the the hacked up wire harnnes under the dash that is currently in the truck. I am hoping I can clean it up and make it work until I am ready to rewire teh truck. Wish me luck. So, if I can get this right I will post up some pictures of my current progress stay tuned for more pictures.

Picutre One - Truck when I first got it doors were in the backyard w/ all the other parts and I still needed to buy glass

Picture Two - Old Engine looked okay until I tore into it

Picture Three - sanded the body and Primered front and outside of the bed

Picture Four - Truck with Glass

Picture Five - Grille from Terd Fergeson... Thank you
Attached Images

Last edited by Rusteeze64GB; 09-28-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Rusteeze64GB is offline   Reply With Quote