View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 09:12 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: Man o man... Customer support...

How do you know it's BS that they will ship today or tomorrow? Isn't tomorrow 1/6, the date they told you? before your calls? Did cancelling your order put a set of headers on your doorstep? It sounds like the "I want it all and I want it now" syndrome that is overtaking Americans. Instant gratification through punching a but it now button, extremely short shipping promises (think Amazon), etc. I come from a time before the internet when most people didn't know what all was available out there...only knew what you put under their nose. You used to have to be resourceful and now you just need internet. I deal with this syndrome in what I do for a living, with the younger customers mostly. And my business is hands on, with all sorts of intangibles I have no control over. My objective has always been get it done in the most time efficient manner, with as little inconvenience to the customer, to the highest standard of quality and it seems those things aren't as important as getting it done yesterday

Anything worth having is worth waiting for.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote