View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 06:10 PM   #1
69Tom

1970 C/10 SWB Step - Black n Blue

OK, so here's a few pics of my 1970 Chevy C/10 Short Stepside I recently purchased on eBay. I wasn't going to do a build thread, but seeing as I was going to post some rust prevention pics for those who may be interested, I decided to go with it.

The truck is a life-long South Carolina truck. I have the protecto plate, original manual, etc. It's a pretty stock truck. The truck did, however, have more rust that I anticipated. I don't think the seller was 100% honest with the listing, but oh well. I like the color combo of 500 Black exterior and 606 Blue interior. It has it's original straight 6 250 motor and 3 on the tree transmission. As you can see by the pic, the SPID is bursting at the seams with options.

I plan on doing an ECE disc brake conversion with a 2.5/4 drop. Going to add power steering to the 250 for the time being. Getting some 15 x 6.5 steel wheels with some new lug nuts. Haven't decided if I'll run the wheel covers or not.

The shipping company damaged my perfectly good driver's side fender, grille, headlight bucket and surround on the trip out to AZ. They have paid me the $ to replace it, but I can't say I'm happy about losing the original paint fender. I'd say most of the car is original paint, but you can tell there's section where a previous owner simply spray painted over rusty areas.

As far as interior goes, I'm completely restoring the interior to new specs. Going to keep the blue interior. Will probably get the Cloth Custom seat covers for 1970, and most likely 1969 Custom door panels as they don't have the faux wood applique on them like the 1970 Custom panels do. Going to go with a carpet and correct blue dash pad. I'll be adding a Vintage Air Gen IV system using an original A/C controller so it looks otherwise stock.

I'm going to try to keep as much patina on the exterior as I can. However, I am going to fix areas where it looks like the rust could be a problem down the line. I'm all for stuff looking old, but where there's a potential rotting problem, it'll be taken care of. I'll use single stage lacquer on the new fenders and repair areas to blend it in as good as possible. I will probably buff out the existing paint so there's some shine to it.

In any event, here we go.
Attached Images

69Tom is offline   Reply With Quote