View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 07:13 PM   #3
88lowrider

Re: A draw on the battery is relatively easy to find

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygonzales View Post
Have you checked the draw on the battery with everything connected electrically like normal?

Have you then tried removing one fuse a time until the unusually high draw is gone?

Other than putting an ammeter in series with the battery that's all you have to do to find the circuit that's the issue.

The assumption is you have a good battery since a bad battery can exhibit the same problem.
Yes I did, 2 milliamp draw is all, just parked.

Yes, did remove all of the fuses in the Inside of the cab after mapping it to know know to get them back in the right spot. After 72 hours, something still took the battery down to 8 to 10 volts.

Yes, I did put a Amp meter in line between were the main power feeds the truck and battery. I scan see a charge and discharge, when looking at it.

Yes, in the post, I replaced the battery and do so every two to three years and this has been going on for about 18 years. I just choose not to give up.

My thinking is, if I can some how come up with some form of tattle tail circuit so when it draws 25 milliamps, it warns me, I can go to it and Then start pulling fuses and disconnecting major plug ins.
88lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote