Thread: "The Convict"
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2015, 06:04 PM   #95
Hankster

Re: "The Convict"

So here's an update looking back to just over a month ago.

I dropped my 700r4, sold it and bought a turbo 400, and mount, for about the same amount it'd cost me to get my drive-shaft cut to work with the 700r4. Me and dad wrestled it in, got it buttoned up, done the home made flip on the back.. (We had a buddy of our cut the perch pads off, flip them and re-weld them, On my 12 bolt I got to swap in) Me and dad and a buddy worked on that for a while. Got it bolted together, realized that The turbo 400 takes a different yoke. Went to a junk yard the next day, whom said they were out of what I needed, I told them a 4l80e yoke would work and they went and got it. Took it and got it put on, along with new u-joints. Got home and realized again that my drive-shaft is still to long, by just under an inch.. Dad said, wait! Aftermarket flip kits move the rear end back an inch, so we unbolted the rear, flipped it up, and drilled new holes.. set it back down, bolted it up, and realized for the 4th time, That they put in the wrong u-joints! Ughhhh another day of waiting.. Got them swapped, got it in, Drove the truck up the road with open manifolds.. Come back and the right front wheel locked up. Had to get new calipers, pads, and lines.. luckily it didn't ruin my rotor, so I bought all that with my Exhaust money. Well now what? I need exhaust. Here comes my brother to the rescue, he said " I'll pay for your exhaust if you take me on the first ride" Done. no problem. Drove it to the exhaust shop the next day with open manifolds, no tag, no registration, etc. Got exhaust drove it home, and realized that its vibrating bad.. hmm maybe pinion angle? nope... does it sitting still is it missing... yes, got that buttoned up, still vibrating.. still... Like to this day, but we done some tuning and off she went. Me and my brother loaded up. Went up the road smoking the tires.. Rolling burnouts all over the place. I was having fun! Got home, popped hood and tranny flood is everywhere. My d@mn dipstick didn't seal up.. Changed it out with another.. its better but still blows some fluid out, In the mist of all this the guy I got the trans from gave me a steering wheel (Gt Grant) just like the one in the truck my dad built.. That's the truck that got me into all this, that's where it all started for me. Another buddy of mine gave me a extra tilt column he had! Thanks man! Loaded everything up and off to Texas we moved. I got the tilt column in about 2 weeks ago. traded my rallies for 20s, and done some more tuning.. enough talk PICTURE TIME.
Attached Images

'86 Chevrolet C10 Custom Deluxe - Gen V 454 - 4l80e - welded 12 bolt
(Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=611611 ) SOLD
Hankster is offline   Reply With Quote