View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 11:33 AM   #454
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

I pulled the governor out of the trans yesterday and sure enough, the valve was sticking in it, as per the ASE YouTube mechanics' advice. I pulled the governor in the spare 700-R4 that I have and the valve in it moved freely like it should. It also had the VSS from the early 90's that still uses a speedo gear, so once I get a connector in for it, I can ditch the POS sending unit that Dakota Digital sent with their gauges, and I won't have to pull the tail housing to press on a reluctor wheel. So I may hold off on ordering the GPS module for now.

I put the governor in and the first few times it didn't want to shift until 4000 RPM, but once it went through all the gears a few times it seems to be acting normal again. It does seem like my TV cable is out of whack though, because the shifts aren't happening when they should based on how much throttle I'm giving it. I'll work with that, but it's looking good so far.

All of these issues are still making me want to swap it to the TKO, though. So that is a definite swap that is coming in the near future.
Attached Images

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote