View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 10:30 PM   #341
HUSSEY

Re: "Albert" -- 1949 AD, S10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
looks great man! hows the truck coming or are you "done" (never done haha)
Nope, never going to be really done but I'd say I reached my satisfied done point for now. I haven't posted much about it in the past year since most of the stuff has been little odds and ends like seat belts, stereo, antennas, and getting the bed wood in. I did get some in progress pics of the bed but never showed the final results, I'll have to get some pics uploaded.

I've found that the most fun I had with it was during the building stage. I do drive it but honestly not enough. About the only time I get out in it is driving to work when I don't have to drop off or pick up my kids. My six year old daughter loves going for rides in it, in summer time we'd go up to Quick Trip, grab and ice cream cone, and sit on the tail gate.

I'd really like to get a 53 or 54 Chevy two door to build so I could take the family out more, the truck just really doesn't allow for that. I found a nice 53 in Missouri and I'm tempted to get it but I've just got too many other things going on. When my oldest daughter hits about 10 though I do want to find a mild project so I can get her in the garage and start teaching her how to turn wrenches. She already likes going out to the garage with me but I think she needs to be just a bit older to work on such a project.

I did happen to drive it to work today and grabbed this shot on the way out...