View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 02:56 PM   #2202
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Wow! I didn't realize aftermarket (fender mounted) hinges would clear the HR&C/SSS tubs. That's great to know. I didn't want to have to cut the cowl on my 67/68 RetroRod for PB's style hinge.
These are the only ones I know of that will. They were designed by Brandon Sisco for his 2-door Tahoe using Slosh Tubs. I haven’t seen anyone else do it with these, so I took a (somewhat researched and calculated) gamble that they would work and can happily report lots of clearance. I’m with you on the cowl cutting and prefer the more “stock” look of fender located.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgriffin View Post
Check out what Rob did on one of his builds a while back. Its a long shot, but maybe he still has the bucks? ��

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&postcount=657
Thanks, I remember that, and I do like the look. It would drive a slight modification to my hinge mounting, but nothing that couldn’t be overcome.

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote