View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
Vic1947

'57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

New year, new thread...

My name is Vic Cook and I've been working on a 67 SWB C10 and posting to my build thread Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67. I ran into body mounting issues and decided to put it on the back burner for awhile. My current goal is to get this old Ford running so the wife and I can make the Hot Rod Power Tour in June. Figured I had a better shot with this project so here goes nothing.

A bit of background and then I'll catch up to the present. I don't have a ton of pictures so it should be fairly quick. Somewhere around 1990, I ran across this Ford at the shop of an acquaintance in Houston. He'd bought the car from the son of the original owner mainly for the Y-block and transmission which he planned to transplant into his wife's '56. He also had a couple of '59's and really had no use for the '57. He thought about restoring it and had already disassembled it partially, but when I came along and said it was one of my favorite cars, he was quick to offer it to me for $500.

It had some rust in the usual places and some light scrapes on both sides but overall, was in very good condition ...and it came with the original title, bill of sale and warranty papers. Good buddy Al Strack hitched his truck to my trailer and we loaded up all the pieces and hauled it to my house.

Follow along if you like and I'll show you what it's like to take 25 years to build a hotrod.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote