View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 11:55 AM   #149
Scott2

Re: Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4..

Such a bummer! You’re doing some really nice work and a setback like this is so aggravating. Sadly, very few of the guys in the local parts stores know what they are talking about. Worse, they feel the need to make up answers and seem to think it doesn’t matter if they’re close. They will happily sell you the wrong parts or supplies time after time and as inept as many are with auto parts I can only imagine they are far worse with paint.

I think you said there is no auto body paint supplier near you? How about a friendly auto body repair shop? They might be willing to get you some materials? I used to get some materials from a local auto body repair guy in my town which was pretty small at that time. Now the town grew up and he sold out and I make the hour and an half round trip to the nearest paint supply shop. They’re a pleasure to deal with because they know what they’re talking about.

Deep breaths, a few calming thoughts (like kicking that sales guys ass...) and you’ll get the truck looking even better! At least you didn’t have color on it!