View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 12:30 AM   #14
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: A 2-link question-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
You can make a suspension w/them as you described but it won't work (articulate) the way you desire 'as-is' for canyon/hilly drives. You could do a spherical bearing @ the front mounts for some ability to rotate.
It still won't rotate unless they "come together" in front of the bumper. Just like factory TA's where they would mythically meet about a foot in front of the truck. By virtue of being parallel they will effectively lock the axle in postion.

Dangerous for driving. No, but when pushed the truck now feels slow to react.

I helped a kid build a 2 link to get it on the road quick, and cheap. While we were testing it I had it at 90mph cruising, and it felt fine. Where I lived we 1 twisty road a block away. 25-30 mph which was the speed limit no issue. Get her to 45mph , and it felt decidedly awkward. We eventually swapped to a Impala SS triangualted rear end. I am not sure why he wanted that, but it was on a magnitude of 1000% better for corners.

Would I do a 2 link. Probably not unless I had threaded bushings laying around for some reason, and only had 4. But I would not discount them for a guy who just wants to profile.

Last edited by Ziegelsteinfaust; 09-19-2020 at 12:41 AM.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote