View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 01:12 PM   #20
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: A 2-link question-

I will say this again. A 2 link is fine if you want to profile, but will leave you short in the turns. The C10 I put nearly 4 foot bars on understeered heavily, and felt like it was pushing the front end straight in harder turns. Yet was perfectly compliant going 90mph or up a normal driveway. This truck was less the 4" off the ground.

There is lots of suspension things I do not know. As I have stated before I followed formulas for handling, and of the nearly 60 vehicles I have owned. Atleast 55 of them I modified suspension wise. Either lowered, got more travel out of, and or handled better for the street.

Name one OEM manufacturer that used parallel 2 links for any car?

Name one racing class that uses parallel 2 links for handling? We are leaving out drag racing.

Truck Arms angle to the center to give the vehicle IC or instant center. A concept I barely understand. Something parallel 2 links do not do. Which is one of the issues contributing to poor handling at speed, and lots not for get about pinion angle changes here too.

So are Parallel 2 links bad?
Are Brand F I beams bad?
Is Brand F's TTB bad?
Are short leaf springs bad?
Are A-arms superior?
Are long leaf springs always better?

Nothing is all bad or all good. It just has limitations or excells in ways that depending on goals are either ideal or not. Choose wisely, and be honest with your self.

Myself I would only use any parallel 2 link if it was to profile. Otherwise I would get myself killed on any of my other goals because it would hit limitations as I hit the apex of a epic drift.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote